Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Stanford Grounds dept pictures and MVP (Minumun Product Value) idea

Visit today was great.

I've posted pictures from the visit in Dropbox.





Last night I was thinking on how to test the MVP (Minimum Value Product) - see slides second lecture.

During the visit it occured to me that pehaps trying to mount a regular Trimble EZ-Steer system in a mower might not be too hard and it might give us an MVP to get feedback on.





An EZ-Steer system might be able to be installed in a mower with a steering wheel. The Jacobsen mower might be a good candidate. Issue can be EZ-Steer is designed for hydraulicly steered vehicles (all tractors are) and I'm not sure if the Jacobsen is.

Here is info on EZ-Steer. Make sure you click on the video link on the lower right.
http://www.trimble.com/agriculture/ez-steer.aspx?dtID=overview&

EZ-Steer would allow us to control the steering of the vehicle and demonstrate this more tangibly to the customer and possibly get us better feedback.
EZ-Steer won't control speed on the vehicle, have an interface we want not have the safety features needed, however I feel it might be possible to talk around these limitations.

What do you guys think? Down side is it might be a lot of work.

Jorge

No comments:

Post a Comment